Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

My beautiful strawberries are starting to mildew. There has not been enough sun and heat for the vegetable garden nor for my pots of flowers that are starting to get root rot. The unusually cold winter managed to kill several plants that have been with me for years. Now this rain and more rain. What's next, locust? I don't mean to complain, forgive me. I have so many blessings in my life. But it's starting to get to me. The sun came out briefly yesterday. As soon as I saw it I ran upstairs to change and go out for a walk. Minutes later as I raced downstairs and out the door, the sun was already gone again. I could not, would not, did not let this detour me. When I reached the top of the hill the skies opened up and it dumped rain on me for 10 minutes as I clung to a large oak tree hoping not to float away. I'm beginning to prune.
.
.

No comments: