Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bloody Mary Sunday

Of course Bloody Marys aren't only for Sundays, it's just that it's become a ritual for me to enjoy them on Sundays. Amore always grills something over wood coals in the fireplace while I enjoy a Bloody Mary -- or two, but no more than two (I swear.) This recipe was passed on to me from my dear friend Valerie who received it from a friend of hers and now I'm sharing it with you. It's the best! I'm not including measurements because that's subjective, don't you think? I like em spicy! Not everyone does. Weenies.
I start with half a glass of crushed ice and add
Vodka
Horseradish sauce
Worcester sauce
Tabasco sauce
Salt/pepper
Muddle, muddle, muddle to mix well then add
Spicy tomato juice
Healthy squeeze of fresh lemon juice
One more muddle
Top off with whole ice cubes

Note: You can also put in veggies like cocktail onions, pickled string beans or a stalk of celery as garnish. I like to just throw in a bar straw and enjoy immediately!
.

No comments: