Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Grill

 

















Check out these bad boys! Sunday nights we most always cook something in the fireplace over wood coals and I enjoy a Bloody Mary cocktail or two -- okay always two. Amore has a Prosecco. Italians are purists and he is put off by the amount of diverse ingredients I use to make a Bloody and refuses to even try a sip. I'm okay with that, it means more for me! In addition to grilled meat or even sometimes fish, we usually enjoy bruschetta too. A grilled piece of common bread with fresh garlic rubbed on it, a drizzle of olive oil and some sea salt. Sometimes I buy a jar of grilled peppers and top off the brushetta with one of two pieces for a little variety. The steaks are grilled naked as they are al sangue, which means rare. Again, afterwards a drizzle of fresh olive oil, salt and pepper and I like a spritz of fresh lemon over my grilled meats. Simple is good. Those Italians know what they're doing! Except for Bloody Mary's.
.

No comments: