Monday, January 04, 2010

The Best Day

I am having the best day. I was supposed to drive my neighbors to the train station today and then do some grocery shopping but it's snowing! The weather forecast called for snow in the early morning, turning to rain by midday. It's almost 5pm and it hasn't stopped snowing. So, I made a fire in the kitchen fireplace, put on my 3 CD packs of 60's, 70's and 80's and started making soup. There was a lot of chopping vegetables involved. I think this is called labor intensive, or at least that's what I call it. As if I wasn't enjoying my day enough already, being all cozy inside, watching it snow and listening to the oldies, when I opened the door to let the cat in I was extremely pleased and surprised to see a package my sister had sent me for Christmas had finally arrived! That was around 1pm. I still haven't ripped into it to see what's inside. How's that for will power? I'm odd that way (and many other ways also). I just like looking at it, knowing I have a package to open. Makes me feel all cozy and warm and smiley inside knowing that I'm loved and not forgotten. Thank you to all my friends and family who go through the effort for me! XOXO
.

2 comments:

Urban Peasant sf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Urban Peasant sf said...

More pictures of your house in the snow please!